Even the most reliable software can sometimes run into problems. Generally, when there are problems with Zoom, the first helpful step could be a simple restart of your device - even though this sounds cliché, a simple reboot can sometimes work wonders.
Having problems connecting to class?
- Checking that both Zoom (in case you downloaded the app) and your browser are up to date and running the latest version.
- Clearing your cache and cookies.
- Checking your sound drivers in case of audio issues.
- Trying a difference device and/or browser.
Zoom has created a troubleshooting help page on their website which will come in handy when technical problems arise, which you can find here.
Zoom also offers support via ticket submission or live chat on their website. We recommend you to follow this process if you are receiving any errors from the Zoom portion of the experience.
If you cannot find a solution to your problem on this page, you are always welcome to contact our student support team, ideally with a screenshot showing your issue.
When creating screenshots, here are some guidelines:
- Show the entire page, including URL
- Include which browser and version you are using
- Show the time on your device
- Make sure they are clear and visible
We will happily look into whatever trouble you are experience and try to help you troubleshoot as best we can.
However, sometimes it is smartest to contact Zoom support, as they have a deeper insight into the platform than we do.